It is our belief that each child is a unique individual with his own special needs and background, and should be recognized as someone special. In order for the child to grow and learn, he must first feel safe, accepted, and competent in an environment that is encouraging, nurturing, supportive and challenging.
Dr. Maria Montessori developed what she called the Prepared Environment, which instills self-discipline and allows the child to learn at his own speed, according to his own capacities and in a non-competitive atmosphere.
“Never let children risk failure until they have
a reasonable chance of success.”
– Dr. Maria Montessori
Arborland Montessori Children’s Academy applies the highest standards and interpretation of the Montessori Method for all students through the techniques and philosophy developed by Dr. Maria Montessori.
Our main objective is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment, which will help the child independently develop the foundational habits, attitudes, skills and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning.
Our goals for the child are:
• to develop a positive attitude toward school and learning.
• to develop a sense of high self-esteem.
• to establish a habit of concentration for lifelong study skills.
• to develop and foster curiosity.
• to acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
• to develop habits of initiative and persistence.
• to foster inner discipline and a sense of order.
• to develop socially acceptable behavior.
• to actualize the child’s innate, and ultimate potential through developing the child’s high self-expectation.