Elementary – Primary – Toddler
Here at Arborland Montessori, we believe in developing your child’s thinking skills, sparking your child’s interests, and providing your child with applied learning experiences. We achieve these through the following:
Inspirational Montessori Teaching Methods
• cooperative learning environment in multi-age groups for the younger ones to learn from the older ones and for the older ones to learn to be leaders
Special Individual Attention
- 1:12 teacher-student ratio in primary and elementary; 1:6 teacher-student ration in toddler
- Montessori School children spend three years in the same classroom with the same Montessori teacher.
- Once the child is adapted to the classroom environment, he/she feels secure and comfortable and is able to concentrate on learning.
- Due to the long term relationship and daily observation, the teacher truly understands the individual child’s strength and weakness.
- The Montessori teacher is able to guide each child based upon individual differences.
- Each child is different from one another, yet every child is valuable in his/her own way and will become a successful adult.
Hands-on Scientifically Designed Montessori Materials
Each of the scientifically designed Montessori materials is custom made for a specific learning objective. The materials emphasize the role of physical, hands-on activities to explain abstract concepts in a concrete way. The child’s comprehension of difficult concepts is reinforced on a regular basis, as the child’s knowledge is constantly stimulated through multiple senses. A unique trait present in Arborland students is a genuine interest and quest for knowledge. Rather than using subjective reinforcements through grades, Montessori education teaches each child to remain self-motivated, engaged, and challenged through exciting lessons, stories, and concrete Montessori materials.
Solid Montessori School Academic Program with High Academic Standards
• Our high achieving students continue to be at the top 5% of their class in any school
• 100% of Arborland alumni who have graduated from high school have attended 4-year universities